Friday, August 8, 2008

Recurperating



Cheer camp went well as usual. A great way to prepare for surgery the day after returning. That surgery went find and I am recuperating nicely.




What have I been doing since I can't go anywhere? Knitting!! I started a Noah's Ark sweater for my grandson, got halfway up the back, frogged, and started over. It has been a long time since I've worked with several colors, but I'm getting the hang of it.




For the first time, I entered two of my projects in the county fair. The crochet baby dress placed 1st and the knitted coat placed 2nd. I don't understand the judges comments. She/He said the armholes on the coat are too small and the stitches uneven. The coat fits perfectly and the stitches are supposed to be a little uneven. Using large needles and a bulky weight homespun yarn makes the stitches uneven. Sometimes I have to wonder where the judges have been hiding to not know the trends in the fiber arts.




I'll post where all these patterns can be found next week. Right now I'm somewhere besides home and don't have all the information in front of me.




Till next week...

No comments: