Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'ts So Pretty!


Classic Lines Cardigan
designed by Alison Bockus exclusively for Knit Picks
Knit Picks Shadow Papaya for the main color and Shimmer Sherry for the contrast color.

This cardigan is the the result of the knit along I did with Knit Picks. I learned so much! The sweater started with a provisional cast on so that the hem could be knitted in. There's two new things. I've knitted in the round before - socks with double pointed needles - with this I learned how to use the magic loop method for the sleeves. That was so much easier than double pointed needels. I learned wrap and turn for the short rows at the neckline. The last thing I learned was steeking. Now that was scary! After knitting my beautiful sweater, I sewed two lines up the front, then cut (yes, with sharp scissors) between the lines. The sweater came out perfect and I can wear it now as it was knitted with two strands of lace weight yarn. I will defnitely make at least one, two, three...ten more! It was so easy and quick to make. However, the next time I will not add the stripes and perhaps make the neckband a little narrower.

The red knitted coat has been frogged and the fronts are re-knitted. My corrections seem to be working. I'll let you know if the corrections work when the coat is finished and wearable.

Still reading:
The Scarlet Letter, by Nathaniel Hawthorne, from the podcast CraftLit.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe, from the podcast Forgotten Classics.
Roots, by Alex Haley, from Audible.com.
David Copperfield, by Charles Dickens, from Librivox.

Plus:
A Deadly Yarn (A Knitting Mystery), by Maggie Sefton.

No comments: