Saturday, December 13, 2008

Socks & Alpacas


Pedicure Socks

I did it! I finished eighteen pairs of socks! I saw a pamphlet at Hobby Lobby for pedicure socks. The pattern came home with me, but as usual, I decided to make some changes. The pattern I used is a basic sock pattern I’ve had for so long that it is memorized. All that is needed for pedicure socks is to stop knitting a few rows before the toe shaping, add a few rows of ribbing, bind off, and sew for a toe opening. Easy! The hard part was keeping my interest to get all the socks finished. Half the socks were done in a print yarn and the other half were solid colors. I just kept switching colors after every sock. Can’t get bored that way and Second Sock Syndrome was not an option.

For Thanksgiving, my husband and I went to North Carolina to spend the holiday with my brother, sister-in-law, and spend a little time with Mother. We took a trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains so the guys could indulge in their photography habit. We stopped at “An Alpaca Farm & Store on top of the Blue Ridge Mountains”. If you find yourself on the Blue Ridge Parkway, I definitely recommend you stop at Peaceful Heart Alpacas. They are located at the 204 mile marker. These are such beautiful and gentle animals, not to mention the yarn!!!! Of course I came away with a hank of yarn made from two of their alpacas. I think I am going to make a pair of fingerless gloves with the yarn.

Christmas is not too far away. I hope you have a blessed and safe holiday.

No comments: