Saturday, October 25, 2008

Moody Blue, Rose, and Red

Part 2: Fashion Doll Period Ensembles – The 1940s “Moody Blue, Designed by Holly Fields, Crochet World, December 2007

My very first crochet projects were Barbie clothes. My Barbie was the very best dressed Barbie in the neighborhood. I still love to make these tiny clothes with tiny hooks, tiny snaps, tiny beads, and tiny accessories. I made these for a co-worker’s granddaughters.

This particular pattern was very frustrating. I don’t know if it was me or the pattern, but I had a difficult time getting the pattern to work and still fit the doll. In order to get anywhere close to the gauge, I had to use a size 2 steel hook instead of the size B suggested. The size B aluminum hook was just too lose, but the steel hook seemed to work better. There are also many other adjustments I made to the pattern. Again, I don’t know if there are errors in the pattern, or I just crochet funny. Anyway, because of copyright laws, I don’t want to put the corrections here, but I’ve got them saved.

Right now, I have two projects going – a hairpin lace baby blanket and eighteen pairs (yes eighteen) of pedicure socks – all need to be completed before Christmas.



No comments: