Saturday, March 21, 2009

Baby Socks


My how time flies! I have been crocheting and knitting a lot; reading and listening a lot; and walking a lot. That does not leave much time for writing. Therefore, I have added writing more to my list of “Things I Need to Do More”.

Pictured is a pair of baby socks made from KnitPicks’ Risata yarn in Sable, using size 0 double pointed needles. The pattern is adapted from Ann Budds’ “Better Than Booties Baby Socks” pattern. The pattern can be found on the Knitting Daily website. I used a 1x1 ribbing for the leg, knitted the pattern’s heel and toe shaping, and finished with a three needle bind off. These socks are quick and easy. I know of two baby girls who will be wearing these socks; one of them a granddaughter due in July.

New to my blog – Books I Am Reading/Listening. I have several books going. The only reason I can think of for reading more than one at a time must be from my undergrad days as an English Literature major. Many times I had more than one literature class a semester, and each class averaged six to seven books along with short stories and poetry. I had to quickly get in the habit of reading several things at once and this is a habit I never broke.

Without further delay – Books I Am Reading/Listening:
Gunpowder Green (A Tea Shop Mystery), by Laura Childs, an old fashioned hold in your hand book.
Uncle Tom’s Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe, from the podcast Forgotten Classics
North & South, by Elizabeth Gaskell, from Audible.com
The Scarecrow of Oz, by L. Frank Baum, from Librivox

Happy Spring!

No comments: