Monday, March 30, 2009

Shamrocks


The original pattern for this is "Shamrock Bookmark" designed by Michelle Ryan and is available on Ravelry. This obviously is not a bookmark. I used a size 7 steel hook and size 10 thread. The result--a wall hanging. The thread came from my stash and there wasn't enough to do an edging. My husband and I had a good time last night cutting the backing and mat, mounting the fabric, and placing everything in the frame. I am pleased with the end product. It is now hanging on a dining room wall with an Irish Welcome Prayer and the family history.

On my needles now is a knited cabled coat in red. If I'm lucky, I'll finished it in time to wear at least once before warm weather settles in.

What I am reading:

Shades of Earl Grey (A Tea Shop Mysery), by Laura Childs
The Scarlet Letter, by Nathaniel Hawthorne, from the podcast CraftLit.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe, from the podcast Forgotten Classics
North & South, by Elizabeth Gaskell, from Audible.com.
The Scarecrow of Oz, by L. Frank Baum, from Librivox.

No comments: