Sunday, April 5, 2009

Progress Report


Last week I had the back of my red knitted coat completed. This week I have finished the left front and would have the right front done, BUT---at about the three-quarters done mark, I discovered that the very first button hole was in the wrong place. Last night I spent a little time frogging. Since the pattern has two different cables, I had to frog to the beginning of the pattern. I'm not good at figuring out where I am on a cable. Isn't it wonderful that, unlike life, in knitting when a mistake is made, you can go back and fix it?

There is a knit along and a crochet along I have joined for the month of April. KnitPicks has a cradigan knit along that involves steeking (cutting the work). This is really getting me out of my comfort zone. Not only is the cardigan knitted in the round, but I'm going to have to cut it for the front opening! Luckily there is an online support group for this project. The yarn is ordered and I'm just waiting for it to get here so I can start.

Ravelry has an online Crochet Guild chapter. They are starting a toe up crochet socks as a crochet along. I've knitted socks from the top down, but never crocheted a pair. I have plenty of sock yarn in my stash, so I am ready.

The picture above is of our daffodiles on the side of the house. I took the picture to remember these gorgeous flowers we planted when we were first married. Every year they get more beautiful and bloom just about the time I can't take any more winter. The weather people are predicting snow for tonight and tomorrow. I do hope some of them survive.

What I am reading:
The English Breakfast Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery), by Laura Childs. Love those fun mysteries.
The Scarlet Letter, by Nathaniel Hawthorne, from the podcast CraftLit.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe, from the podcast Forgotten Classics.
North & South, by Elizabeth Gaskell, from Audible.com.
The Scarecrow of Oz, by L. Frank Baum, from Librivox

Have a good week!

No comments: