Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's Cold Outside!



Lacy Hooded Scarf, designed by Jodi Snyder, Cast On August – October 2009.

Warm Stripings Glove-Mittens, designed by Christine L. Walter, Creative Knitting January 2008.


I finished this project just in time. The weather widget on my computer says it is a whole 9 degrees outside!


These patterns were very easy and made from KnitPicks Andean Silk in Hyacinth. I absolutely love this yarn! It is a blend of superfine alpaca, silk, and merino wool. So soft and warm. One thing to keep in mind with this yarn is that my stitch gauge was a bit loser than normal. That's alright; I can fold back the border on the hood and have even more warmth. Hmmm… I foresee presents of Christmas future.



For 2010 I decided to purge some of my patterns. It was a week long project full of, “Do I really need this?” It was tough, and I had to be brutally honest with myself. My workroom was overflowing with pattern books and magazines that I looked through maybe once. Never fear. I still have plenty of patterns left and now room for more.



In the works are a vest and socks. Stay tuned…

No comments: