Sunday, November 28, 2010

Weeks 27, 28, 29, 30 Challenge

I've been really bad about blogging. This is my favorite time of year. I promise, after Christmas I'll get back to more consistent blogging.

For November we have from "63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine To Make An Heirloom Afghan", Leisure Arts:

#34 V-Stitch


#40 Fan Stitch


#35 Twin Stitch


#6 Trinity Stitch


Thanksgiving Breakfast
Turkey Placement from Lily Sugar 'n Cream and Knit Turkey designed by Kirsten Hipsky; made from Sugar 'n Cream Terra Firma, Warm Brown, and Country Yellow.

Since my daughters are grown and have families of their own, we have been celebrating Thanksgiving with breakfast. This makes it easier for them have Thanksgiving dinner with their other families. This year I made a pancake buffet. It was great and pleased even the picky eater. I don't mind because then my husband and I spend the remainder of Thanksgiving with my in-laws. I think I have finally made sweet potato eaters out of my husband and mother-in-law. I don't use the "heavy on the sweet and marshmallows" recipe. Instead I whip sweet potatoes with cream cheese, brown sugar, and cinnamon; followed by a layer of cranberries and apples; topped with an oatmeal crunch.


Book and Craft
Duck Pon designed by Agnes Russell; made from South Maid 100% Mercerized Cotton Ecru.

This month I read "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger. This was a little depressing and I had a hard time feeling any sympathy for the main character, Holden, except that his brother died and that obviously had an adverse effect on him--something his parents probably should have caught. The last line of the book really gets to me: "Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody". That's a terrible way to feel.

Why the ducks? Several times through Holden's monologue, he mentions the ducks in Central Park and wonders where they go during the winter when the lake is frozen.

Next is "The Grapes of Wrath" and socks.

Have wonderful and safe holidays.

No comments: