Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weeks 31-40 Challenge

It has been a busy time since my last post.

We lost our dog Amos to cancer on Christmas Eve. The cancer was quick and he didn't suffer too much. It was about a week from the time we noticed Amos just wasn't quite right, until we had to make the decision to put him to sleep. He was a good dog and my protector. I still miss him. Sadie is still here, but it's awfully quiet with only one dog in the house.

I made my daughters hooded scarves (now nicknamed "scoods") for Christmas. It seems their friends really like the idea and I have been making them ever since. One no sooner comes off the needles, and it's gone. I'm glad people like my designs. Fingerless mittens are also included with the scoods and those have been just as popular for this texting generation.

Which brings me to my designs. Very shortly, my etsy store will be open (another reason I've been so busy). I'll post information in this blog as soon as I'm ready for visitors. Please stop by and leave comments.

Back to The Challenge. I'm not going to post pictures of all 10 blocks, so below is the most recent block; #27 Block & Offset Shell Stitch, from 63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make An Heirloom Afghan, Leisure Arts.


There has been a little time to make something for myself. Below is a hooded lace sweater I made for myself while dreaming of warmer days. The sweater is Apres Surf Hoodie, designed by Connie Chan Chinchio, Interweave Knits, Summer 2008.


I have decided that even if there is two feet of snow on the ground covered by two inches of ice, I am going to wear this the first day of Spring. Winter weather has been tough this year for everyone and I am sure we are all ready for Spring.

Take care! Stay warm and stay safe!

No comments: