Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week 50 Challenge

#50 Picot Stitch
63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan
Leisure Arts

I kind of like this one. At first I wasn't too sure if this stitch can be used for anything else, but after looking at it for a few days I can see some possibilities. Thirteen more to go!

Projects in Progress
Baby Shells
I Love This Yarn, Cranberry and Cranapple Stripes.

The baby blanket is finished and presented to the mother-to-be. This isn't a color I would choose for a baby, but it's what my friend wanted and she happy with it. And, I got it completed with six week to go!

The blanket is somewhat based an a pattern from 7-Day Afghans. If the directions are followed, the blanket feels more like a rug. So I changed it. Instead of using two strands of yarn, I used one. The same size hook is used. I also worked a row of single crochet around the blanket before starting the edging. The edging is three rows of the shell stitch worked with a single strand of contrast yarn.

Dazzling Details Jacket
Designed by Garnstudio/Drops Design
Crochet! September 2009
Baby Bee Yarn, Grape Jelly

I did my research on this one and the only corrections are very minor. Several people on Ravelry have made it with no problems. So far, I'm lovin' it. The pattern is working up quickly and it is so soft. I'm going to try to keep this one for myself, but I can see one of my daughters wanting it.

What I am Reading
This week's quote from Beloved, by Toni Morrison, is keeping with the theme of loving and the freedom to love:

"He knew exactly what she meant: to get to a place where you could love anything you choose--not to need permission for desire--well, now that was freedom."

Think about. Things we take for granted aren't there for everyone. Could you live like that?

Other Stuff
Today was my grandson's birthday party. Last week he turned four-years-old. It's hard to believe. He is such a little man. As he was opening his presents, he made sure to thank everyone by name and he thank everyone for being there. Such a sweetie, but I'm his grandma.

Please check out DinaMarieCrochet at Etsy.

Have a good week!

No comments: