Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 48 Challenge

#20 Plain Square
63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan
Leisure Arts

Challenge
This one is pretty easy, but I did make one change. The directions said to crochet in the back loop. I thought that looked a little sloppy, so I crocheted through both loops. It looks a lot better, I think.

Projects in Projects
Got the sleeve in my hoodie. The sleeve went in kind of funny and looks funny, but I tried it on. Other than the sleeve is longer than I like, it fits fine. My goal is to one day take a class on designing garments so I can fix problems like that.

What I am Reading
Harry Potter is finished and Beloved, by Toni Morrison is started. I'm not far into the book, but so far we have some memories of slavery and a possessed house. Next week I'll have a better perspective on the book.

Other Stuff
Spring seems to finally be here, although I haven't put away the winter coat. With the snow and freezing temperatures, I was afraid my daffodils wouldn't make it. They were on the ground, but the warmer temperatures over the last few days have popped them right back up. I am afraid the my gladiolas won't be back. I found the bulbs on top of the soil. I dug a hole and put them back in. We'll see. Can you tell I can't wait to get outside with pretty flowers?

I'm waiting for my photographer/husband to get the pictures processed then I will have new items up in Etsy.

Have a good week!


No comments: