Sunday, May 29, 2011

Week 56 Challenge

#12 Open Ridge Stitch
63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan
Leisure Arts

I'm not too sure how I feel about this one. How would I use it?

Projects in Progress
99 Snowflakes
Leisure Arts
More snowflakes.

I really need to get started on something new for Etsy.

What I am Reading
Lord of the Flies is finished. This week's quote is at the end of the book when the boys are rescued. "Ralph wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of man's heart..." It makes you wonder. Would all this have happened if adults had been stranded? Maybe it would. If you like a book without happy endings, this one is for you.

I've started the final Harry Potter book. More on that next week.

Other Stuff
There isn't much to report this week. Most of the evenings were spent hiding in the basement and praying no tornadoes came our way. We were lucky--many were not.

Today is also Memorial Day Weekend, a time to remember all who have given their lives in the service of our country. I personally, have not been effected by war, but I know many have lost husbands, wives, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, and good friends. Blessings to them and their families.

Have a good week!

No comments: