Monday, September 5, 2011

Ummmmm....

This week saw rounds two, three, and four of testing--this time at the hospital. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

With that being said, I didn't get a whole lot accomplished over the last week.

Above is a progress report on the lace top I'm making. So far it's going as planned. Please keep in mind that the top is made from size 10 crochet thread and will look a lot nicer once the top is blocked. I decided to crochet this in the round (saving seaming). Right now, I'm on the way up the back.

What I Am Reading
I did finish Amy Tan's, Saving Fish from Drowning. This was a excellent study on human behavior and what I believe is a slightly exaggerated version of the American tourist. Of course, I have never been an American tourist is a country strange to me, so I can't say for sure if Tan is exaggerating to make for a good story. I do recommend Saving Fish from Drowning. I would be curious to see how other people feel.

Next up is a book I picked up while in Minneapolis, Life among the Lutherans, by Minnesota native Garrison Keillor. I listen the Keillor's podcast, Writer's Almanac, and my husband and his family love A Prairie Home Companion. I thoroughly enjoy both. I've only read the first two stories and they have managed to bring a chuckle--something I desperately need right now.

Other Stuff
Today is Labor Day, an American holiday that "is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country". Taken from the U.S. Department of Labor website. Check it out for more details on the holiday.

All my poop bag dispensers are up at DinaMarie's Crochet. Potholders should be up by the end of the week. Stop by. Window shoppers are always welcome.

Have a good week!


No comments: