Sunday, February 19, 2012

Is it Spring Yet?

My energy level has been really low lately. I haven't done much in the way of stitching this past month. Here's hoping that Spring will be here soon and so will my energy.

Here is what I did get done this past month:

These are my first two blocks from Craftsy's Quilt Block of the Month. These were easy to do. I don't know if I have enough patience to wait a whole year for a quilt.

The block on the left is called "Asterisk" and the block on the right is "Wonky Pound Sign". Matching colors is not my strong-point, but I'm am liking the black and white theme in these blocks.

In January, I purchased "Calendar of Hope 2012". This calendar has a different dishcloth each month. The proceeds from this calendar goes to ArmyOfWomen.org whose goal is to find the cause of breast cancer.

January, Lattice Patchwork, designed by Rachel van Schie

February, Heart, designed by Debbie Tilley

On a sad note, my niece-in-law lost her nine-year battle with breast cancer two weeks ago. During my own run-in with breast cancer, I had hoped to have half her courage. She never gave up. She was my inspiration--my hero. She will be missed by all her family and friends, especially her two young daughters and her wonderful husband.

That's about all for this month. Since my energy level is so low, I will try to post at least once a month.

Have a good week/month!



No comments: