Sunday, February 14, 2010

What To do?

This blog was originally started in order to write about my crochet and knit journey. It seems I’ve run into a dry spell—not that I’ve haven’t been making anything, but I have not really done anything worth writing about. It seems I need a project.

Last week I watched the movie “Julie & Julia”. Julie blogged about cooking her way through a cookbook. Maybe I need to crochet and knit my way through a pattern book. Which book? I have many choices on my bookshelf.

Afghans are out of the question, they take too long. The patterns need to be quick and offer new techniques. To make it more interesting, I could use the suggested yarn. That would get me to try different types of yarn.

There is plenty of time to decide. I have Christmas presents to make (13 total gift receivers, 3 down 10 to go); I have volunteered to make scarves for Super Bowl 2012 (have until November 2011 to get as many done as I can as they need 8000); there are things I need to make for a booth at an art fair this summer; and I have yarn for a couple of sweaters, I’d like to start this “journey” without UFOs.

If anyone is reading, I’m open for ideas.

No comments: