Sunday, July 4, 2010

Week 10 Challenge

This week's block from 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine To Make An Heirloom Afghan is #33 Silt Stitch. I am not overly fond of this stitch. There just isn't much texture definition. After I added this block to the afghan, I realized that it was wrong side up. Further inspection showed that that purple block next to it was sideways. This is what is so great about joining-as-you-go. I only had to frog the joining round on the offending blocks and re-join. Awesome!




This is what I made for my fiber pal (Hi Jo Ann!) for the month of June. The pattern is on Lion Brand's website. This is a great place to find free patterns. There website is very user friendly. The pattern downloads into MY LYB just waiting for me to make. Each pattern even has a row counter and a place to add notes that automatically saves--ready and waiting for the next time.




Last week's Dishcloth KAL using designs by Alli Barrett, is Ladybug Daze Cloth. These are so quick to make and her designs are wonderful. I'm not sure how often we'll start a new KAL, but I want to make them all.



Other than that, I have been working on Christmas presents. And now my daughter and mother-in-law want crocheted iPod covers just like one I made for myself. More details on that later. Looks like I'll be busy for awhile.

Have a safe and happy 4th of July!

No comments: