Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Week 19 Challenge

#16 Granny Square from
63 Easy-to-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make An Heirloom Afghan,
Leisure Arts

Who doesn't like granny squares!? I didn't even need to look at the pattern to crochet this one.

I took my own advice and started a personal read along/knit along, using books and projects of my choice. For September I am reading Ulysses by James Joyce (I see the eyes rolling) and knitting a pair of socks with a cable pattern going up the front.

Ulysses has been a reading project I've tried a couple of times, but couldn't get past the first twenty pages. I am not quite halfway through and I get it and it's good! I actually find myself giggling in a few places. Maybe I just needed a few more years of life to understand what Joyce is trying to do with this novel.

The sock blankie has turned into a project to do at work because it does not require a pattern, chart, row counter, markers, etc. It is getting a little big, but with colder weather not too far off, the blanket can keep me warm while I work on it.

Have a good week!

No comments: