Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 47 Challenge

#43 Puff Stitch
63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan
Leisure Arts

Confession time. I don't particularly like puff stitches. They have their place and they look nice, but not "my thing". Also, since I'm not a fan of puff stitches, and since I ran out of yarn, I just attached another yarn to finish the square. 'Nuff said!

Projects in Progress

The body of my hoodie is completed. The ribbing on the bottom took forever, but is so easy. I can't wait to get this done.

My plan is to go to the Knit and Crochet Show in Minneapolis this summer. There is a chapter challenge for chemo caps, so I've stepped up the chemo cap project. So far I've made 19 caps.

What I am Reading

I'm still on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. That is a really big read. I consider myself an avid reader and can usually get through a book in about a week. I've been on this one for almost three weeks and still have about a quarter of the book to go. The Harry Potter books may have been written for younger people, but I can see how adults would enjoy. There's lots of action, lessons learned between right and wrong, images and imagination, and still human.

Other Stuff

My daffodils started to bloom last week when it was warm. Today winter is back. I'm glad I got pictures before the flowers froze.

Finally, here is a preview of what is going up on Etsy sometime this week.

Have a good week!

No comments: