Monday, July 25, 2011

Drum Roll Please

63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan
Leisure Arts

Here it is--all finished!! It is very colorful and doesn't really match my decor; however, my dogs like it. This project was a lot of fun. Some of the stitches were pretty boring and some were a really interesting--none were very difficult.

Projects in Progress
This week I made four placemats, four coasters, four can cozies, and a poop bag dispenser. These are made from Lily Sugar 'n Cream, light blue and faded denims, and stitched in single crochet. If they don't sell at the arts fair, then I'm keeping them. I little Scotchgard sprayed and they will last forever.

This swatch is for a pullover I am going to knit for myself. The yarn is Reynolds Cricket, a 52% Rayon and 48% Wool DK yarn, in a light purple. The yarn is very soft and looks like a heather yarn. I found this yarn in the clearance room at a local yarn shop and I can't seem to find too much about it on the internet. I hope it was on clearance because the owner just needed room for the summer yarn and not because the yarn has been discontinued. If my sweater goes well, I have other things I'd like to make with this yarn. There was a really pretty natural color. The only difficulty I see with working the yarn is that it is loosely spun and tends to split.

What I Am Reading
I am making slow progress on Saving Fish from Drowning, by Amy Tan. Most of the people in this book appear to be the typical ugly Americans traveling to countries they know nothing about and, therefore, are getting into trouble. On the side, this book also give insight to the culture and history of a country I don't know too much about--China.

Other Stuff
My grandson spent the past week with us. He is ten years old and so much fun. We had a basketball camp where I work and he attended the camp for the week. Then we saw the new Harry Potter movie in 3D--good movie--and we stuffed ourselves with nachos and cheese and soda. He then spent the night at my in-law's farm and rounded off the week having dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. We really should do this type of thing more often. I really enjoyed the time spent with him--I hope he did, too.

Next week in the Knit and Crochet show in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I can't wait!

Have a good week!


No comments: