Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 63 Challenge--Final Block

#52 Up and Down Stitch
63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan
Leisure Arts

This is my favorite go-to stitch. It works for anything and gives a nice texture. Next week I will have a picture of the afghan all put together with the edging.

Projects in Progress
I am working desperately on getting things completed before the art fair. This is the latest hat and scarf done in a Crossed Double Crochet Stitch. There was just enough left to knit one pair of fingerless mittens. All my ideas for stitches come from The Ultimate Sourcebook for Knitting and Crochet Stitches, Reader's Digest. The book has more knitting stitches than crochet stitches, but it's something I can go to for reference for anything I'd like to make. There are other stitchonaries out there and someday I'll get more for crochet stitches.

What I am Reading
Because all my extra time has been spent working on items for the art fair, I haven't had much time to read, so Saving Fish from Drowning is still on the shelf. So far we are just getting to know the characters. The book is told from the point of view of a woman who has recently died. If I'm understanding this correctly, the woman is telling the story to a medium.

Other Stuff
The Knit and Crochet Show in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is in just over a week. My homework is done and my notebook is packed and ready. Can you tell I'm excited? I'm not sure about which projects to take to work on while there, but I have a feeling that once I take the course on creating a camisole, I'll be shopping at the market area looking for the perfect yarn to make myself a camisole.

The heat is on again in the midwest. I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting tired of hearing about the heat index. It's hot and hot is hot no matter how hot it is.

Have a good week!

No comments: