Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week 13 Challenge

#1 Single Crochet from 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make An Heirloom Afghan, Leisure Arts


What should I blog about this week?

This week's challenge is pretty basic and boring. I tried to spice it up by using a print yarn, but I still found myself falling asleep while working row after row of single crochet. At least it was for only seven inches.


This tunic, Puck Tunic designed by Maureen Basher Interweave Crochet Summer 2010, was very easy and I love the stitch detail. It is made with a fingering yarn someone was going to throw away. I am almost certain it is 100% acrylic. That's OK--I'll be wearing a shirt underneath. I did find an error in the front neck shaping. An email was sent to Interweave and I am still waiting for a response. Maybe the error is with me?

I haven't made much else--finished a crochet swap project, crocheted more coasters, and I am now part of a RAL/KAL (read along/knit along). We are reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larrson and knitting socks. I've heard some interesting reviews on the book--both good and bad. I'll let you know.

There is a new feature on this blog. For awhile I've had the feedjit, which shows where my visitors are from. Now I have added a spot for followers. Please add yourself to this list. I would love to add links to your blogs (as soon as I figure out how to do that).

Schools start here tomorrow. Be watchful for the little ones, be safe, and have a good week.


No comments: