Monday, August 30, 2010

Week 17 Challenge

#61 Rib Stitch from 63 Easy-to-Crochet Pattern Stitches
Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan, Leisure Arts

I like to use this stitch for the exact reason it is named. The stitch has some stretch and works just like ribbing in knitting. The difference is that you must first crochet a piece of ribbing for the length needed and then crochet into the ends to make the crochet piece--sweater body or sleeves. It's a bit time consuming, but the results are worth it.

The knitting part of the KAL/RAL is completed, I just need to finish the RAL. A full report will be here next week.

My sock blankie is coming along nicely. I am very pleased with the way it all comes together.

This August is about to go into the record books as the driest August ever. We had a taste of autumn last week for a few days, but now we are back to summer.

That's about it for this week. We had a busy weekend--it's my baby's birthday. OK, so my baby is 26 years old, but she's still my baby.

Have a good week!


No comments: