Sunday, March 20, 2011

Week 46 Challenge

Happy Spring!

#36 Little Crowns
63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan
Leisure Arts

This week's block is added to my list of Least Favorite Blocks. That list is growing. I like picots as an edging, but not this way. I can't even see the picots!

Projects in Progress

This is the start of something for myself--the Blue Ridge Hoodie, design by Katie Himmelberg, Interweave Press--only mine is purple. This is very easy to make, but I do caution anyone making this to pay attention when working on the armholes. The directions are clear and if they are followed step-by-step (instead of taking short-cuts like I do), you will have no problems. I used inexpensive yarn from Hobby Lobby that is so very soft. The sweater will be perfect for taking the dogs for walks in the evening. I can't wait to get this completed.

Other than that, I have been making more chemo caps and making items for my Etsy shop

What I am Reading

I admit--I have become addicted to the Harry Potter books. It started out trying to find out what all the fuss was about, but these are really good books. I am about half-way through Year 5, The Order of the Phoenix.

Other Stuff

Meet Truvy Belle. She says "Hi". Truvy is very interested in cameras, crochet hooks, knitting needles, the sewing machine, and yarn. She has gotten a hold of some yarn, but she didn't harm it in any way. I guess she is like me and just wants to feel it. Truvy is a mix of Australian Cattle Dog and Border Collie--too smart for her own good. This is her first week with us and she quickly became part of the family; we just have to remember that she is still a puppy and a rescue dog. She takes a lot of patience, but she learns fast and is eager to please us. Now if I could just break her of chewing on my shoes.

When crocheting or knitting, I like to listen to podcasts or books. This week I found an app for my iPhone. It's called Pandora. It takes your preference in music--either artist or genre--and generates a playlist. There is an option to purchase any album or song from iTunes. Since my taste in music varies, this is perfect. Thursday, St. Patrick's Day, I spent all day listening to Celtic music; yesterday it was classical, and today I just may listen to some light rock from the 1970s.

My thoughts and prayers to the Japanese people. I hope you and yours are safe.

Have a good week!

No comments: