Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 44 Challenge

#42 Fan Trellis
63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan,
Leisure Arts.

This stitch is not one of my favorites. Yes, it is easy to crochet; however it is too lacy for an afghan. It would be pretty for a lacy shawl or scarf--not something that will keep anyone warm.

I am still working on the hooded scarves and mittens orders. The last one is just about finished. WooHoo!! I do enjoy making them, but these people have no sense of color. I am so tired of working with black and gray. My next project is going to be a bright color.

There is not much else happening in my crochet and knitting world. The flowers are starting to peek through the ground. There's hope!

Quote for the Week:

I ran across this while reading To Kill a Mockingbird, by Lee Harper. It is so relevant to what is happening in our world today with all issues. The quote, today, has to do with people of all walks of life--race, religion, politics...

"...Jem, I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks."

"Jem turned around and punched his pillow...That's what I thought, too...when I was your age. If there's just one kind of folks, why can't they get along with each other? If they're all alike, why do they go out of their way to despise each other? Scout, I think I'm beginning to understand something."

Have a good week!

No comments: