Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week 60 Challenge

#60 Cluster Square
63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan
Leisure Arts

This didn't come out looking very much like the picture and I'm not sure why. The directions were a little off, or maybe I was having a day where I was a little off, and I had a hard time getting everything lined up like it should. I very seldom have problems with Leisure Arts directions, but I just could not get this one. Three more to go! And I have picked my next "challenge".

Projects in Progress
99 Snowflakes
Leisure Arts

I don't know what happened to the color on this picture. It should be white snowflakes on a blue background. However, this is the last of the snowflakes. I'm not sure how many their are; I didn't do the snowflakes with beads or any of the 3D snowflakes. I may save those for later.

Other than the snowflakes, I've just been working on chemo caps. That's another one I'm not sure how many I have, but am getting ready to wrap up that project.

What I Am Reading
I've been trying to read George Orwell's 1984, but can't seem to get into it. This is a dark and depressing novel. I'm under a lot of stress, so I don't need dark and depressing. Instead, I've been reading my Bible. I do try not to get political or religious on this blog, but I would like to share with you a line from a Psalm. This is from Psalm 19, verse 14:

May the words of my mouth and the
meditation of my heart
be pleasing to your sight
O Lord, my Rock and my
Redeemer.

What wonderful words to live by; may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to your sight. If only more people would live by those words.

Other Stuff
Like I said, I've been under a lot of stress this past week, so there isn't much in the way of other stuff. Working on the chemo caps is a great stress reliever and so is riding my bike. I've been doing a lot of both this past week.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: