Sunday, May 2, 2010

Week 1 Challenge



The first block from 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make An Heirloom Afghan is #49 Lacy Wave Stitch. The layout for the afghan doesn't go in order, neither do I.

For the joining row I added one row of single crochet in the back of the loops.

That's about all I can say about that. It took less than an hour to crochet. One down; 62 more to go.


Since the block didn't take long to crochet, I was able to make some progress on the fair isle vest. The steek for the front opening is set up, but I'm not sure when to start the armholes. I like my tops a little longer than most patterns, so I added about an inch and a half before setting up the front steek. Also, I never like a garment after I put in waist shaping--it just doesn't fit me right, so I left off the shaping. Therefore, since I am not following the shaping by row numbers, I not sure when to set up the steeks for the armholes. I'll just have to make a guess.

That's the beauty of knitting and crocheting--it will work out somehow.





No comments: