Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week 5 Challenge


This week's block from 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches to Make An Heirloom Afghan is #41 Fan and Popcorn. These blocks are so easy and they take less than an hour to crochet. I probably could sit down and make the whole afghan in about two weeks; but there is this challenge. I have figured out how to attach the first row with the Tunisian join. When it's time to join more than one side that I will have to refigure.


Meanwhile, the vest is finished. The pattern is Ivy League Vest designed by Eunny Jang and the yarn is Knit Pick's Palette yarn in lots of colors. I am very happy with they way this turned out. The fit is great, especially since I went up a size on the needles. My recommendation is: the pattern calls for a lot more yarn that is needed. I thought when I was ordering two balls of each color that it seemed like a lot of yarn for a colorwork vest and I was right. Sometimes I should listen to myself.

We have been spending some time working outside. This weekend we planted a Spirea bush that has tiny pink flowers. It's been very hot, so I don't spend a lot of time outside - just short bursts of work, but we did get everything accomplished that we planned for this weekend. Now we can enjoy the holiday.

Today is a day set aside to remember those who have fought for our country. God Bless You All!

No comments: