Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week 3 Challenge


This week's block from 63 East-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine To Make An Heirloom Afghan is #44 Cluster Braid. I really like this stitch--it would be good for a scarf. I can also see it for a very sturdy tote bag.
The fair isle vest is coming along a lot better and I am happy with it now. This time I have charted the whole front; marking all the shaping. The chart is quite large, but with the magic of a copier, my working copy is about the size of a sheet of paper. I thought the symbols would come out too small, but it is surprisingly easy to read.

This week I also made my fiber pal something to do with food. The May challenge for this swap is difficult, but I came up with something. It is a bit of a stretch, but I like it--I may have to make one for myself. I don't want to say what it is because it's supposed to be a surprise, but I can say it is made from Lion Brand Recycled Cotton. The yarn is a little difficult to work with because it splits--a lot. However, the color and drape is wonderful.

With Spring finally here, I am spending more time outdoors; at least as much time as my allergies will allow. This weekend we cleaned out the rings under Scarlett and Rhett (our maple trees we planted shortly after we were married). I then planted purple, pink, and white petunias. Next weekend I am hoping to clean out the flower beds at the side of the house. Maybe I should take pictures.

No comments: