Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week 4 Challenge


This week's block from 63 East-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make An Heirloom Afghan is #55, Parallel Post Stitch. Post stitches are one of my favorites. It is an easy way for a little texture in crochet.

THE CHALLENGE IS ON! I have 59 more blocks to make and I am already bored with the whole project. Will I continue or shove it in a drawer to be forgotten?


Meanwhile, the fair isle vest is coming along nicely. The armhole shaping is done and the only thing I need to be concerned about is the neck shaping. It can be difficult to keep track of all the shaping while keeping the garment in pattern. My chart has helped a lot. I used different colors to mark for the different shaping; green for the waist, pink for the neck, and blue for the armhole.

Once this vest is finished, I'll need to concentrate again on Christmas presents. I don't want to stay up all night through the month of December trying to get projects completed on time.

We have had twelve straight days of measurable rain. The last two days have been sunny and dry. The weeds are taking over!!!

No comments: