Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 2 Challenge


The second block from 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make An Heirloom Afghan is #10 Offset Cluster. I've decided to try a tunisian join for these join-as-you-go blocks. If it works, I'll give the directions with pictures.


We just got back from a week in the Smoky Mountains. It was awesome! Not only did we see mountains, rivers and streams, and a lot a trees; but we saw bears, wild turkeys, deer, and snakes. We are ready to go back. Too bad we have this thing called jobs.

The only thing I got done this week, along with the block, was to frog the fair isle vest. Something just wasn't going right. If I'm not happy with it now, I know I'll never wear it. Since vacation used up my money, I don't really have anything else to work on. Guess I'll be casting on soon. This time I am going to use larger needles (turns out my knitting in the round is a little tight), make it a size larger, and follow the directions. Maybe I'm just not ready to make modifications on fair isle knitting.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: